Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Welcome to the Circus

Welcome friends and family and those who may happen to stumble upon this little blog. 


Some of you may be saying, "Didn't she just start a different blog yesterday?"...You would be right.  I enjoyed it so much I thought I would do another one! The "Less of Me" blog will address overeating and food issues that I am trying to conquer....THIS blog is going to be about the day to day goings on in our household. Many of you have told me, "You need to be writing down all of the funny things that Jonah says".  Well, this is a way that I can do that, plus much more "behind the scenes" action that goes on around here. Here is a little bit about our family:


We are a pastor's family with 3 very different children in 3 very different stages of kid-dom.
Our daughter Jordan is 20 years old and has just gotten her first apartment. She is a gifted musician, and is leading worship at Dallas Life Church and helping to make ends meet by serving the public at Wal-Mart Pharmacy, where she has had many exciting adventures. She is the one who has lovingly labeled our family "The Circus". She loves God more than life itself.


Jarrett is 16 years old and a sophomore. He has recently gotten his driver's license. He is extremely smart and has a very quick wit. God has gifted him with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.  A GIFT, you ask?? This is a gift to a mother whose son always washes his hands, whose room is always clean and who does his own laundry. ( Only because he won't let anyone else touch it! ) He lives on Nacho Cheese Doritos and Spaghettios, and makes the best cheese dip ever! 


Jonah is 8 years old and is what has taken our family from "relatively" normal, to over the edge, into "Circus-ville"...He is a bundle of energy and could easily be mistaken for the Tasmanian Devil. His love language is definitely "physical touch", as he is always ready to give and receive a hug, and he STILL rocks to sleep in my lap every night, although he has to lay sideways across the chair. We never have to look outside to see when the moon is full...Jonah is as reliable as the calendar. It is because of Jonah that I have the iCarly theme song as my ringtone...Those little songs really grow on you!


We also have a Jack Russell Terrier named Dixie and a big gray and white, lazy cat named Fat Gus. He was just plain "Gus" until as he grew older, he also grew wider. 


Well, as this is just a welcome post, I won't go on...I'm glad you stopped by and hope you drop in often...


Oh, as I type this, Jeff ( my hubby ) has just brought to my attention that there is a slice of pizza on the next door neighbors' new roof....Who could have done that???? 



No comments:

Post a Comment